What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the use of digital technology to deliver your marketing messages and to allow your customers to interact with your business.
Traditionally marketing has been about pushing your messages to your customer. With technology, now you can enter into a dialogue with your customers and deliver what they actually want and not want you think they want. Often there is quite a gap and digital marketing is what allows you to communicate one to one with your customers and on a mass scale.
So what areas does digital marketing cover? how to bring an alcoholic beverage to market ?
For me Digital Marketing includes:
- Web Sites which includes:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – Getting found on Google etc
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – Paying for somebody to find you on Google etc
- Banner Adverts – Paying for banners to get visitors to your site
- Ecommerce – The ability to buy and sell products, services and information over the Internet.
- Consumer Reviews – Consumer reviews are a powerful way to get consumers on to your eCommerce site as they make the purchasing decision easier as the reviews are by consumers who have purchased the product. Whole businesses are built around this concept such as TripAdvisor.